What is INNOWWIDE?
“INNOWWIDE – Viability assessment of collaborative and INNOvative business solutions in WorldWIDE markets“, is a Horizon 2020 project that aims to fund at least 120 European innovative SMEs and start-ups to conduct Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) in markets outside of Europe.
The INNOWWIDe pilot calls intends to bring European highly innovative SMEs to the forefront of international markets by opening two calls that will allow them to conduct Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) in cooperation with local stakeholders. It will, then, create the conditions to increase the uptake of European innovative solutions in markets outside of Europe.
Two calls will be implemented with a total budget of 7.2 million €, allowing to fund 120 VAPs (60,000 €/VAP), and targeting markets of developing countries, large emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico) and developed countries with the same allocation for each of these three country categories.
Each approved Viability Assessment Project (VAP) have a maximum duration of 6 months and will receive a fixed grant amount of €60,000, representing a maximum of 70% of total eligible project costs, which should be a minimum of €86,000. 50% will be disbursed at the beginning of the project. After 6 months, the beneficiary will be required to submit a VAP final report. Following approval of this report, the remaining 50% will be paid.
What is a VAP?
- Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs) are a comprehensive, balanced and coherent set of preliminary technical, market, legal and socioeconomic assessments intended to validate the viability of international, innovative businesses solutions along emerging global value chains.
- VAPs should identify and assess key framework conditions that may favour or block the effective deployment of collaborative solutions and models in target third countries.
- VAPs also include a refined and viable definition of such business solutions and models, together with their implementation strategies.
Who can apply?
Innovative SMEs, including young companies and start-ups from any sector:
- Established in an EU Member State or a Horizon 2020 Associated Country.
- Looking to compete and start business in new and emerging markets around the world.
- Engaged in an economic activity (selling products or providing services on the market at a given price).
- Meeting financial viability and ethical criteria specified in the INNOWWIDE Call 2 guidelines.
Self-employed, partnerships and associations or any other entity different from the above mentioned will not be eligible for INNOWWIDE funding.
- Only one proposal per applicant SME is allowed.
- SMEs not funded in Call 1 may apply again in Call 2, indicating it in the application form.
- Funded SMEs in Call 1 will not be eligible for Call 2.
Targeted International Markets
- Developing countries,,
- Large emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico) and
- Developed countries.
VAP Application and Guidelines
VAP Call Text
Flyer (2nd VAP Call)
download here: INNOWWIDE-Call-2-Flyer
VAP Call Guidelines
VAP Online Application Portal
31 March 2020 at 20:00 (GMT)
Frequently Asked Questions
Example of INNOWWIDE Application Form
INNOWWIDE Evaluation Guidelines
- 04 February 2020
Leveraging available EU funding schemes to attract and cooperate with EU companies – ENRICH in Brazil & INNOWWIDE
- 10 February 2020
INNOWWIDE 2nd VAP Call and how to connect to the Chinese market
- 11 February 2020
Introduction to the 2nd INNOWWIDE call for Viability Assessment Projects (VAPs)
- 12 February 2020
INNOWWIDE Info-Webinar: EU-Fördermittel für Ihre Internationalisierung in globale Märkte (spoken in German)
INNOWWIDE 1st VAP Call: Funded Projects