The winners of the Danubius Awards 2021 have been given their prizes during the Danube Awards Virtual Ceremony:
The Danubius Award was created in 2011 by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Education, Science and Research (BMBFW) and the Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM) with the intention to honor persons with extraordinary achievements in their scientific activity and output in relation to the Danube Region. The Danubius Award is intended to represent recognition for a profound scientific analysis of the Danube region.
The “Danubius Award” 2021 goes to the Austrian Dr Josef Glößl, Univ.-Prof. For Applied Genetics at the Institute of Plant Biotechnology and Cell Biology of BOKU – Universität für Bodenkultur Wien.
The “Danubius Mid-Career Award” 2021 goes to the Serbian scientist Dr Tijana Dabović, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Geography of the University of Belgrade.
13 brilliant young scientists have been honored with the “Danubius Young Scientists Award” 2021. Winners of the “Danubius Young Scientist Award” are:
– Raič Mirna (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
– Mihaylova Svilena (Bulgaria)
– Corman Mihai-Razvan (Germany)
– Kovač Tihomir (Croatia)
– Ćalasan Martin (Montenegro)
– Gusenbauer Claudia (Austria)
– Câmpu Andreea-Maria (Romania)
– Salević Ana (Serbia)
– Majzlíková Erika (Slovakia)
– Bezak Nejc (Slovenia)
– Šedová Petra (Czech Republic)
– Karabiniuk Mykola (Ukraine)
– Szeghy-Gayer Veronika (Hungary)